When you are remodeling your kitchen, bathroom or another room in your home, you are probably considering new countertops. And you might be wondering what kind you should choose. Countertops can be made out of everything from natural stone to laminate, so sometimes it’s hard to figure out which one is best for your house and your family. We install countertops in Hastings, so we have a few suggestions on what to keep in mind while making your selection.
Solid Surface Countertops
Solid surface countertops are a great option if you are looking for counters that are resistant to bacteria and staining. While granite is also bacteria resistant, solid surface is a better option if you are looking to install these in showers. Plus, solid surface countertops can be refinished so they look just like new in a matter of just a few hours.
Laminate countertops are a more cost-effective choice for those who are working within a tight budget. Plus, this type of countertop can take a great deal of wear and tear, so they will last for a long time, even if you have a large family. And nowadays, you don’t even have to worry about the seam showing. In this day and age, laminate counters don’t have that anymore, and you can also select from a few different edge options.
Natural Stone Countertops
These days, you can’t turn on any home improvement show without hearing about granite. As one of the most popular natural stones for countertops, there are good reasons everyone seems to love it. Granite is durable, elegant, heat and burn resistant and it looks good in nearly every home. Quartz is another natural stone that is a popular choice for countertops. Quartz offers even more color options than granite and is more forgiving of cracks and chips than granite.
For more information on countertops in Hastings, call Imperial Counters at 651-437-3903 or get a Free Estimate.
As one of the best at installing solid surface countertops in the Minneapolis/ St Paul Metro, we have often given advice to our customers about how to choose the best solid surface countertops. We have also answered plenty of questions about this good-looking but durable countertop material.
One of the most basic questions about solid surface countertops is: what’s it made out of? Solid surface countertops are made out of a petroleum-based product that is similar to plastic. The material is a combination of acrylics or polyester resins along with an inert filler material. The reason these types of countertops are so popular is because they are easily installed and repaired, but they are also a great complement to any kitchen.
However, when choosing the best solid surface countertops, you don’t just want to look at the aesthetics. You also want to choose a company that has plenty of experience installing these countertops, like Imperial Counters. A company like ours is familiar with all of the ins and outs of making sure proper measurements are taken and the solid surface countertops are fitted and installed properly. This is not a task for do-it-yourselfers.
Take a look at your kitchen. If your cabinets are a lighter shade, you might want to consider a darker shade for your solid surface countertops. And the reverse is true as well – light countertops look good when paired with darker cabinetry. You will also want to consider the color of your kitchen’s walls (or what they will be after you are done with your renovations!). Also, stop and think about what color your appliances are, plus any decorations you might want to put up, like curtains, pictures, etc.
For solid surface countertops in the Minneapolis/ St Paul Metro, call Imperial Counters at 651-437-3903 or get a Free Estimate.
One of the best options for countertops is Formica laminate. Twin Cities homes can greatly benefit from Formica and here are a few great reasons!
- It is an inexpensive alternative to granite countertops. The look and feel of granite can be imitated but you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank when you’re remodeling your kitchen.
- Formica laminate is heat and stain resistant, just like granite. They can withstand a great deal of wear and tear.
- These types of countertops are perfect for busy people. They don’t require too much maintenance, and you don’t have to worry about resealing them once a year like you do with granite.
- Nowadays, Formica laminate comes with edging options and in this day and age, that ugly black seam that used to be associated with Formica is a thing of the past. So, again, you can get the look of granite for a lot less!
- You don’t need any special cleaning products for Formica laminate either. Just use a mild soap and water to keep them looking nice and clean.
- There are a ton of color, style and pattern options too. You are sure to find the perfect one for your kitchen, and you will find one that complements your own unique style and taste.
- Formica laminate can help add a touch of class and timeless elegance to your kitchen. You will be happy with the end result when you opt to have this type of countertop installed in your kitchen.
- Like we mentioned, this is a great option for busy people and families who are on the go a lot. Plus, if you have small children, you won’t have to worry about potential damage to these countertops!
When you want to look into Formica laminate for your Twin Cities home, call Imperial Counters at 651-437-3903 or get a Free Online Estimate.